Working closely with our Director of Fundraising and Communications, the post holder will lead on marketing and communications across the Charity to raise awareness and income for World Child Cancer. There is a strong emphasis on digital activity and developing social media engagement. The post-holder will also be responsible for managing communications with our celebrities and patrons.
The post holder will be an ambitious and creative self-starter who is passionate about World Child Cancer’s vision and our fundraising activities.
Strengthening our brand through the development and management of campaigns and appeals alongside content generation for ongoing core communications is of critical importance.
Key elements of the role
- Working with the Director of Fundraising and Communications, lead on all communications and marketing for the Charity
- Be ‘the keeper of the brand’, ensuring all staff adhere to the brand guidelines
- Manage and review the Charity website and, working with Programmes and Fundraising teams, keep the website updated ensuring content is current, relevant, accessible and inspiring
- Ensure accurate monitoring of our social media activity using monitoring tools such as Google Analytics to ensure we are attractive to our different stakeholder groups
- Develop and manage the Charity’s digital strategy ensuring World Child Cancer has a strong presence on all digital media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
- Work with the Programmes and Fundraising teams to develop compelling case studies about our work and supporters to encourage others to support World Child Cancer
- Lead on the Charity’s Celebrities and Patrons Programme and work with the Director of Fundraising and Communications to develop a new strategy.
- Ensure that relationships with celebrities and patrons are developed by the most appropriate members of the team and that exceptional supporter care is delivered at all times
- Involve celebrities, where appropriate in our campaign communications
- Oversee the design and production of all World Child Cancer printed materials, ensuring they are compelling to read and comply with the Charity’s brand guidelines
- Research and approach local, regional, national and international media, writing compelling press releases in order to secure regular coverage on the Charity’s work
- Be the first point of contact for all press enquiries, escalating potential issues where appropriate to the Director of Fundraising and Communications, CEO and Trustees and producing press statements/releases where needed
- Identify and brief spokespeople or be a spokesperson for the Charity
- Lead on the Charity’s internal communications, ensuring all staff and volunteers remain up to date on developments within the Charity
- Ensure all communications are logged on Raiser’s Edge
- Ensure World Child Cancer always complies with Marketing best practice and any relevant legislation